Thanks to the Internet, one does not necessarily have to attend physical speech therapy sessions. No, as long as you have Internet connectivity at your home, you can book virstual sessions that are going to be delivered to you at the comfort of your home.
We are going to explore some of the most popular online speech therapy platforms that you can get your telepractice.
Before enrolling to any speech therapy session though, you will first need to go for physical and autism assessment so as to rule out the possibility that your child might have hearing troubles or is on the autism spectrum disorder.
For these assessments, you can physically go to a local pediatrician and ask that they check on your child.
When they do check, they will tell you why your toddler has speech problems.
It could be that:
- They are in the autism spectrum disorder.
- They have receptive language disorder meaning that they hear you alright but have trouble understanding. They are therefore unable to respond when you speak to them.
- They have expressive language delay meaning that they can understand you but have trouble expressing themselves.
Effective Speech therapy for Kids Online
All these three classes of disorder can benefit from speech therapy. So lets look at some of the best online platforms where you can get the service.
This is undoubtedly the best resource that you can ever dream of when you want online speech therapy. At betterspeech, they have this class of compassionate and kind licensed speech language pathologists that will help your child speak.
This is not one of those BS sites where all that your child does is play online games that are meant to help them speak. No, they will have a real speech therapist talking to you while conversing real time with your kiddo.
Once you log into the website, you are asked about your state as well as hours you would like a session so that you are matched to an SLP who will not only understand you but also contact you at friendly hours.
Bonus Tip: They are all women. Not to say that men SLPs are bad or incompetent. No, but come on, we all know that female speech therapists tend to be more patient and friendly to our kids, don’t we?
Why I Loved Betterspeech
- Betterspeech is a site with lots of speech language pathologists who are concerned about the well-being of your child
- You will be given activities to do with your child before the next session. These activities are geared to helping your toddler develop their language more.
- The site has lots of female speech therapists who are kind and fun with children.
- You no longer have to commute long,tiring hours to get speech therapy. You can do it at the comfort of your home
- Sessions delivered can be recorded for future references.
Greatspeech is another awesome virtual speech therapy resource that you can benefit from. Other than kids, they deal with all types of people who want to better their lives with speech incorporation.
How GreatSpeech works is that you schedule an introductory call with them. You decide whether they are a good fit for your toddler’s needs during this call. If they are good for you, you can then schedule a 1:1 zoom session with them so as to help your child.
Sessions take on average 12 weeks with two 30 minute sessions per week.Each 30 minute session goes for $65 which is a good bargain.
What I loved about Greatspeech Virtual sessions
- Friendly speech therapists who know what they are doing
- They are affordable
- Effective sessions that deliver and better your client.