Educational Toys for Your Toddler on the Autism Spectrum
In this post, we’ll discuss some of the best toys for toddlers with autism that you can consider to buy.
Didax Educational Resources Socially Speaking Game
Didax is a great toy that helps children learn how to socially communicate with the game, since it is a socially speaking game. What’s great about this great is that it is very suitable for kids because it helps to teach them the major skills which they can use at home, in the community, or even at school. The game enables students to be better communicators and this enables them to have better confidence. Some of the skills covered in this game are: kids are able to learn to listen to their peers, they learn to ask good questions, they learn to show emotions, the importance of taking turns, and they also learn how to make phone calls.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the game.
- 100 question cards
- Teacher’s notes
- 1 game board
- Playing pieces
- Suitable for elementary grade level
- Can be played by 3-6 players
- Suitable for home and school setting
- It features a cardboard and plastic material
- Doesn’t contain any allergens
- It has a warning as a choking hazard – small parts
- It is not suitable for children under the age of 3 years
Grades PK – 3 Early Learning Flash Cards
The Grades PK-3 early learning flash cards are a great way to help your autistic toddler read and get ready for math. It is a great tool suitable for prekindergarten to grade to grade kids. The game provides children with fluency-building facts which enable them to prepare for classroom success. That is one thing you really need to consider. Your child has to be prepared in the best way possible before they enter school and start learning. One huge beneficial factor about the cards of the game is that they provide assistance with alphabet practice, colors, first words, shapes, numbers from 0 to 25, sight words, and much more.
The pack includes 324 cards which are split into 54 decks. The decks are separated with tab dividers in order to easily access and organize them efficiently. Resource cards are also included for parents as a bonus which helps to provide more fun ideas, activities, and educational games.
- The toy is suitable for a wide range of academic levels.
- It helps children to learn, review, and master skills for a number of years.
- The game includes several topics like math facts, early reading, basic skills.
- Helps kids to strengthen the skills needed for academic success.
Melissa & Doug Basic Skills Board (Developmental Toys, 6 Removable Pieces & Puzzle Board, Practice Fine Motor Skills)
The Melissa & Doug basic skills board is another good game suitable for toddlers with autism. It enables kids to learn how to dress themselves because it works on fine motor skills. Some of the features of the game are: two types of buckles, zipper, lace and button, and also a snap. There is a separate wooden puzzle piece which houses each skill to make it easier for practice. The puzzle can be returned back to dress the bear once each piece is ready. The Melissa & Doug skills board also includes speech and language skills and also social interactions. However, they have to be used in a group setting.
- It comes with 6 removable pieces
- The game is quite suitable for practicing fine motor skills.
- Melissa & Doug basic skills board game is suitable for kids from the ages of 3 to 5 years.
- It helps to provide cognitive skills – the play sets help to boost kids’ brains and help them develop problem-solving skills.
- It helps kids to develop their speech and language skills
- The game also enables kids to improve socially and emotionally. They are well able to talk about the feelings and emotions.
One notable drawback about the game is that it may not be suitable for kids under the age of 3 years.
Slice and Sort Wooden Eggs
If you are looking for an addition to your play kitchen, then the Slice and Sort wooden eggs game is the right option to consider. The game is quite excellent and it enables kids to match up to 6 different yolk colors. The colors include red, green, yellow, purple, blue, and orange. After matching up the colors, you can use the wooden knife for slicing the eggs apart and mixing them or even play memory games.
The good thing about this game is that it provides kids with imaginative playing experience, as well as fine motor skills. You can also use this game to discuss the concepts of color with your kid.
- The game comes with a wooden knife and six double-sided wooden eggs.
- The eggs also come with stab yolks which are self-stick and vibrantly-colored.
- It features a wooden construction that is quite sturdy.
- Helps to encourage fine motor skills in kids.
Melissa & Doug Smarty Pants Kindergarten Card Set (Trivia Games, Educational Card Set for Kids, Developed with Educators, 120 Cards)
Smarty pants kindergarten card set is also another great game to consider for a toddler with autism. It is a very cool game which has a load of funny trivia and new facts, and also lets kids test their smarts. It features colorful, creative, and packed cards that have illustrated activities such as vocabulary builders, math challenges, puzzles, mazes, as well as tongue twisters. You can also find plenty more stuff in the game. The educational cards are very well thoughtfully developed in order to suit the curriculum standards and learning style of each age range. To make the game more exciting, the developers included designs that are fresh and lively, and also humor. This helps to keep the game engaged and exciting as it makes kids giggle and laugh a lot.
- The game is suitable for kindergartners
- It is an exciting game as it features a lighthearted tone and whimsical design.
- Each set includes 120 cards and multiple questions.
- The game supports all grade levels.
- It features activity illustrations such as math challenges, vocabulary builders, picture puzzles, mazes, among many others.
BizyBeez MagStix Sensory Magnetic STEM Toys – Building Set for Kids – 41 pcs – Educational Creative and Imaginative Fun for Boys Girls Age 3+ – Hours of Independent Play – Aids Kids with Autism Too
If you’re interested in a sensory toy that will help to engage your child with much fun, then BizyBeez MagStix sensory magnetic STEM toys is a good choice to select. The game helps to foster your child’s cognitive development and is also quite therapeutic. The game includes building blocks set with magnetized sticks and metal balls that are quite colorful which you can easily combine with variety of ways, with just a few simple clicks.
It provides children with the experience of exploring magnetic force mysteries, while at the same time stacking up and connecting sticks. More possibilities are added unto this thanks to the wheels. There four different textures are featured in the sturdy and colorful pieces. They are actually very suitable for kids that sensory processing issues.
- It features 41 jumbo-sized building set that also includes wheels.
- The pieces are colorful and well textured.
- Suitable for travel or kids who are in wheelchairs due to the inclusion of a portable playboard.
- Suitable for therapists or kids who are dealing with anxiety, sensory processing disorder, autism, ADHD, etc.
- Suitable for children from the ages of 3 – 12 years.
- Not suitable for kids who are aggressive.
- Not suitable for kids who easily get frustrated if construction fall apart.
IQ BUILDER | STEM Learning Toys | Creative Construction Engineering | Fun Educational Building Toy Set for Boys and Girls Ages 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Year Old | Best Toy Gift for Kids | Top Blocks Game Kit
IQ Builder toys are among the best in the market, as they greatly help to develop cognitive system, provide many hours of productive play, as well as promote learning. They have a building toy set that is quite innovative and unique. Therefore, you are assured that your kid will spend their time playing with helpful and educational toys which are also fun to use. It enables your kid to also be able to collaborate with others to create block structures that are quite fun. You can be sure that your child will love the creative learning solutions which help to enhance fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination improvement. Your child will also gain logic and problem-solving abilities.
- It features an innovative design
- It comes with 24 cover plates which help to colorfully decorate the finished geometric designs.
- You can easily wash it through warm water bath. This helps to prevent the sticking around of germs.
- The toys come with a storage box which you can also use as a stocking container when it’s not being used.
Just Smarty Electronic Interactive Alphabet Wall Chart, Talking ABC & 123s & Music Poster, Best Educational Toy for Toddler. Kids Fun Learning at Daycare, Preschool, Kindergarten for Boys & Girls
This toy is very educational for early childhood development. This happy zoo poster is quite suitable for preschool learning for both boys and girls from the ages of 3 to 6 years old. The toys feature quizzes, music and fun. The toys are suitable for home setting, daycare, and even kindergarten. This poster not only contains ABC and 123s, but it also has 9 songs which are quite popular, loved by kids, and they can also get to clap and dance while playing the songs.
It is also suitable for kids of ages 2 – 5 years old. It also comes with soothing lullabies for kids from age 2-7 years. The poster toy helps in building character in children. What’s more, the poster is also a great product to help kids learn about morals and virtues.
- Helps toddlers to learn the alphabet and numbers, as well as quizzes.
- The toy helps kids to develop skills which are highly needed for preschool.
- It is a simple toy and not messy.
- It automatically shuts down when not in use save on battery.
BettRoom Toddler Toys for 1 2 3 4-5 Year Old Boys Girls Wooden Educational Preschool Shape Color Recognition Geometric Board Blocks Stacking Sort Kids Children Baby Non-Toxic
BettRoom toddler toys are really great for your children. They are quite educational and help your kids learn a lot. Things you have to note about these toys is that they help your kids develop great early sorting skills, they encourage hand-eye coordination, imaginative colors, and they are non-toxic to kids. You can be sure that they are very safe for children. In fact, they’ve passed Children’s Product Certification (CPC).
There are 16 pieces contained in the stacking blocks, removable blocks which are detachable, and they greatly help to increase the creative ability of your child.
- Easy and safe to use by kids. The fact that they are safe and easy to use by kids makes these toys suitable if you’re looking to help your child learn through games.
- The toys guarantee that your child will develop helpful skills and have fun in the process.
- It helps toddlers learn shapes, colors, hand-eye coordination, and counting.
- Suitable for toddlers of ages 1 to 5 years, both boys and girls.
Stacking Peg Board Set Toy | Jumbo Pack | Montessori Occupational Therapy Early Learning for Fine Motor Skills, Ideal for Toddlers and Preschooler, Includes 60 Plastic Pegs & 3 Boards | Storage Bag
This toy provides your toddler with the enjoyment of stacking and sorting different colored pegs. Not only does your child get to enjoy and have fun with this toy, but they also get to learn a lot. It can be used as an early learning educational experience. It helps to develop and even strengthen fine motor skills. Your child is required to have precision and be keen when stacking and placing the peg board. Therefore, their eye and hand coordination will improve due to such activities.
It also helps to strengthen the visual perception of your child, as well as motor coordination. All this is done in an enjoyable manner. Your child will not be bored by the toy as it is quite fun using and playing with it. There are also number counting colors patterns which includes a set of 60 pegs, which feature 6 different colors with just one board. The toy allows your toddler to develop patterns and stack different colors together.
- The toy is very affordable
- Easy to use and fun
- Helps your child to develop fine motor skills
- It helps to improve hand-eye coordination ability in your child.
- Your child is able to develop patterns and stack colors together.
Toddler Busy Board – Montessori Basic Skills Activity Board for Fine Motor Skills and Learn to Dress – Educational Learning Toys for 1 2 3 4 Year Old Toddlers – Sensory Toy for Airplane or Car Travel
If you want to help your kid develop basic skills such as putting on pants, coats, shoes, and shirts, then this toy will really come in handy for you. This is a huge challenge faced by many parents, especially, when they want to go out in a hurry but the child lacks these basic skills to make it easier to prepare. This toy enables kids to practice essential dressing skills according to the pace that they are comfortable with.
The toy helps in promoting hands-on learning, basic skills, as well as development of fine motor skills. The toy comes with 9 buckles, buttons, and ties. The measurements and weight include 11×12.5 inches and 0.4lbs respectively. Therefore, it is quite ideal for travel as it can easily fit in the car or airplane. The buckles are buttons have different difficulty levels. Therefore, toddlers get to enjoy the challenges presented to them.
- Helps kids to develop fine motor skills.
- The toy is very affordable.
- Convenient measurements and weight, which makes the toys suitable for travel.
- Comes with great design.
- Features a variety of levels in buckles and buttons.
- Might not be suitable for aggressive kids
- May sometimes pose a challenge to kids who are unable to undertake various challenges.
Skoolzy Counting Toddler Games – STEM Apple Factory Learning Toys for 3 Year olds to Ages 6 – Fine Motor Skills Color Sorting Montessori Toys for Toddlers Gifts- Educational Materials Activities
This is one of those toys that greatly help to provide excellent benefits to your kid. It features colorful and bushel of apples which are quite versatile and provides an early learning fun experience to your child. Children can greatly gain basic life skills through the use of educational toys, which help them to develop creative and smart minds. These bright and interactive apples help kids improve their hand dexterity, be able to easily recognize color and gain fine motor skills.
It also helps to encourage independent play since children are able to click them together and pull them apart without much strain.
- Help to provide child-friendly learning experience. Kids are able to learn math skills as the cute apples are perfect for counting.
- Come in the right size. The toys come in the right size for kids. Your child will be able to hold the apples with their little hands.
- The toy is fun and also provides an imaginary playing experience. Your child will be able to make simple games and the apples can also be used to play other imaginative games.
- Suitable for kids from 1-7 years.
BEST LEARNING My Spin & Learn Steering Wheel – Interactive Educational Light-Up Toddler Toys for 6 to 36 Months Old Infants and Toddlers
This educational and interactive toy will get your kid learning great stuff and improving their creativity at a young age. The good thing about this toy is that it is suitable for infants, babies, toddlers, boys and girls from 6 months to 3 years old. This is actually the ideal birthday or Christmas gift for your kid to help them learn great life skills. Another huge benefit about products made by the company is that they have been evaluated and well tested to comply with the global toy safety standards. Therefore, you are assured that your child is using safe toys that won’t harm them in any way.
- You can play songs and music with 3 mode plays with just a simple touch.
- The toy is very easy to use. Therefore, your toddler won’t have a hard time trying to play with it.
- The toy is developed to assist your child to come up with fine shapes, colors, emotions, imagination, creativity, motor functions, among others.
Melissa & Doug Pattern Blocks and Boards Classic Toy (Developmental Toy, Wooden Shape Blocks, Double-Sided Boards, 120 Shapes & 5 Boards)
This educational wooden block set is quite suitable for child play and learning. It is a set of 120 wooden blocks that come in various colors, shapes, and it inspires kids to organize and arrange patterns on about 5 boards. It also provides a classic learning activity, whereby kids are able to enjoy classic learning and math manipulative activities. It also includes a double-sided board which gives kids more creative options since they can sort blocks by color, count pieces, and create linear patterns, among other things.
- Quite beneficial as it helps kids learn to be creative and how to count numbers.
- Kids are able to learn basic skills and other helpful stuff.
- The toy guarantees 100% fun and enjoyment.
- Not ideal for kids under 3 years
- Not suitable for aggressive kids
The above educational toys for toddlers with autism are just a sample of the best ones you should consider when you’re on the search for a suitable toy for your child. Ensure you purchase a reliable and helpful toy to help your kid learn a lot before they start going to school.